Timetable visualisation is done using on-board terminals installed in the train driver's console.
The train driver has the possibility to select train number or order number from the terminal. After the selection the terminal displays the relevant timetable.
The data on the implementation status of the current commercial timetable, typically presented on the operator panels in the driver's cabin, can also be combined with the Passenger Information System, so they can be displayed in real time on display panels installed in the vehicle.
The data presented by the system is automatically downloaded from the railway infrastructure operator's servers using SKRJ WebService, to precisely reflect updated train timetables.
In addition, the train driver has the possibility to display changes to the Permanent Warning List. In order for this functionality to be operational, the Operator has to make relevant documents available.
The most important features of Aksel ARJ software:
- automatically tracks the current vehicle location and marks it in the timetable - GPS location by default, but switchable to tracking of travel time, distance travelled (from vehicle wheels) or full manual control.
- displays real time left to departure and possible real-time delays - specific values are calculated based on comparing the current GPS position, current time, and planned departure time; moreover, if a train does not stop at a certain station and it passes through with a delay, such an information is also displayed in the train driver's console terminal.
- the application continuously informs about permanent warnings and changes thereto – based on the current position it displays the relevant section of the timetable and all the warnings related to the line section on which the train is moving (only if the Client provides the warning list in digital format).
- from the screen – using PIN (e.g. train driver ID and unique password)
- from an additional terminal – using a specially configured access card